Wilkes-Barre/Scranton , PA US
Our client a Manufacturing facility located in Northeastern Pennsylvania seeks an experienced Purchasing Manager. This individual will be responsible for the procurement of materials, packaging, services and supplies for manufacturing, warehouse, office and the retail stores. The position ensures the accuracy and integrity of the purchasing systems, purchasing and financial information and reporting, and that corporate policies and procedures are adhered to and followed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Procurement of commodities, packaging, components, services and supplies. Purchase orders are issued and managed based on economic order quantities, receipts are timely based on MRP materials projections and planning.
• Place orders with suppliers and contacts ensuring low economic cost. Resolve any supplier related issues.
• Assist with strategic sourcing initiatives providing required support and insights.
• Assist with preparation of the annual budget process ensuring standards are relevant and reflect commodity market fundamentals, supply projections and relevant market conditions, and are complete with timetables met.
• Manage the related materials, packaging and supplies inventories levels ensuring adequate supply in a timely manner to meet MRP requirements
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree with 5 years’ plus experience.
• Strong Excel and Microsoft PC software expertise, experience with MRP or ERP manufacturing systems, standard cost system and variance analysis, BPCS experience a definite plus.
• Progressive procurement and supply chain related experience within a manufacturing environment (food preferred).
• Must be able to work within a team environment and develop respect through providing excellent insights, direction and advice to the purchasing team and management.
• Must be detail oriented and dedicated to continuous improvement; must be a self-starter and a change agent.
News, tips and advice delivered to your inbox.