Great Job Opportunity – Full Time – Temp to Perm - 2nd Shift
OneSource Staffing has partnered with a manufacturing company in Portland, PA to hire a QUALIFIED LAB TECHNCIAN.....GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY!!
Work Schedule - 5am to 5pm - (2-week rotation – Sunday, Wed, Thurs and then Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat) - 5:00pm to 5:00am
Up to $20.50 per hour
(An increase of at least $1.00 per hour when hired permanently)
Contact OneSource Staffing – Tannersville at (570) 629-1914
Previous Lab experience is preferred however, they will train a candidate who has a SOLID work history. Candidate needs to be detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role has a significant training period due to the amount of information that needs to be learned.
All training will be done Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm for a minimum of 3 4 weeks. Once training is completed, the candidate will be moved to their assigned 12-hour shift.
- Performs troubleshooting on dry blend materials to determine the cause/causes of problems and recommends corrective measures. •
- Take samples on the production line and test for density, color, etc. to ensure the product meets customer specifications. •
- Performs ongoing color testing to ensure the product meets customer specifications. •
- Interacts with extrusion department and dry-blend department to communicate daily issues and pertinent information to supervisors and other employees as needed. • Tests a variety of ingredients prior to use in the manufacturing process including resin additives, blending compounds, etc. •
- Understands all materials utilized in the manufacturing operation. •
- Understands certified materials and their use within the company. •
- Sets up and operates all lab equipment for performing all laboratory and physical tests required. •
- Performs tests on new formulas as needed. •
- Maintains an inventory of all supplies needed for the lab. •
- Completes appropriate logs and paperwork pertaining to the laboratory both manually and on the computer. •
- Night-shift hours 5:00 pm - 5:00 am •
- 2-week rotational 2*2*3 schedule: Sun, Wed, Thurs and Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat (36 hrs / 48 hrs) Physical Qualifications •
- Lift, push or pull up to 75 pounds •
- Standing for an extended period of time •
- Lift, throw, bend, squat, twist and reach •
- Work in both hot and cold conditions
Job Requirements -
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Be a dependable self-starter with a desire to learn.
- Have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, follow direction, and excellent attendance.
- Previous quality or lab experience a plus, but not necessary